The preparation for the Ultra-Trail Mt. Fuji 2021 is now underway. The details of the UTMF2021 will be determined and announced in early October.
Depending on the situation of the spread of the new coronavirus, the announcement schedule may be delayed. We appreciate your understanding.
[The UTMF 2021] As of September 1
・Race schedule: Late April, 2021
・Race category: The UTMF (distance: approximately 164 km, time limit: 46 hours)
・Entry period: Starts sometime after late October, 2020 (The entry for the general category is going to be selected by lottery.)
– Racer qualifications: Please refer to the information below.
○ Registered racers of the UTMF2020 (racers who had the right to run in the UTMF2020 in all categories including the donation-based entry and general category entry) will receive priority entry rights for the UTMF2021 or UTMF2022. The priority entry rights will be given even when racers do not satisfy the ITRA point requirements which are part of the racer qualifications. Still, racers must be sufficiently trained to participate in the race.
○ The number of racers accepted for the UTMF2021 general category will be announced after the number of racers participating with the priority entry rights is determined. The following racer qualifications will be applicable to general category racers.
– Any male or female 18 years of age or older as of race day who can complete the race within the time limit and without getting lost.
– Racers must have successfully completed races that are registered with the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) and have earned 10 points or more from up to three races. The races must have been completed within the last four years up until the day before the start date of the general category registration. However, at least one of these races must have been completed within two years up until the day before the registration start date.
* The registration start date will be announced when it is determined.
○ Racers entering the UTMF2021 are expected to accept and comply with “the UTMF2021 Operation Policy on the Prevention of COVID-19” that will be released with the announcement of the race outline.
○ Please note that the UTMF2021 may be canceled due to the effect of the spread of COVID-19. We are going to make the decision on whether to hold the race based on guidelines set by the national and local governments. Decisions on whether to hold the race will be made based on the schedule below.
– Mid September, 2020: UTMF Race Committee
– Late February, 2021: UTMF Race Committee
– Meetings will be held as necessary to examine situations of the spread of COVID-19 and other situations.
Registered racers of the UTMF2020 (racers who had the right to run in the UTMF2020 in all categories including the donation-based entry and the general category entry) will receive priority entry rights for the UTMF2021 or UTMF2022. Notification about the priority entry rights will be made only via email and will not be posted on the official UTMF website or Facebook. Please be sure to check your email settings so that you can receive emails from the UTMF Race Office.
Please check below for more detail.
“To all registered racers of the UTMF2020 [Please check your email.]”