This is the announcement of the outline of the Ultra-Trail Mt. Fuji (UTMF) 2020.
[Outline of the event]
Friday, April 24 to Sunday, April 26, 2020
(2) Race category
The Ultra-Trail Mt. Fuji (one category only)
Distance: 161 km
Cumulative altitude gain: 7,580 m
Number of racers: 2,400
Start time: Friday, April 24
15:00 (Start for the first wave)
15:30 (Start for the second wave)
Cutoff time: 13:30, Sunday, April 26
Start at: Fujisan Kodomo-no-Kuni (Mt. Fuji Children’s World)
Finish at: Kawaguchiko Park at Fujikawaguchiko town (Change from last year’s Ohike Kouen)
(3) Entry period
12:00, Wednesday, October 16, 2019 to 23:59, Sunday, October 27, 2019 (JST)
Racers are selected through lottery.
– Male or female racers 18 years of age or older as of the race day who can complete the race within the time limit and without getting lost.
– Racers who have successfully finished races that are registered with the ITRA (International Trail Running Association) and have earned necessary qualification points below. These races must have been completed within the last three years up until the day before the registration start date of the UTMF 2020.
However, at least one of these races must have been completed within a year of the race registration date (between October 16, 2016 and October 15, 2019).
– 10 points or more from up to three races
* A priority registration right for the UTMF 2020 is given to racers who completed the entire 165 km race in the UTMF 2019.
* The eligibility remains the same from 2018 to 2020. Yet, the required ITRA point is changed due to the change in the ITRA point regulation.
* Upon registration, racers need to provide the name of races they have finished, dates of the races, race numbers, finish times, and Performance Index issued by the ITRA.
* Racers are assigned to the first-wave start or the second-wave start based on Performance Index.
[How to look up your ITRA point, results, and Performance Index]
Go to the official ITRA website: http://i-tra.org/ (available in English, French and Spanish)
●Check your own race results
Top Page → Find a runner → Enter your name and nationality and press enter.
●Check races registered with the ITRA
Top Page →Races→ Calendar → Enter period, location, etc. and press enter.
Click here for more detailed information.
(5) Announcement of lottery results
Noon, Tuesday, November 19, 2019
(6) Entry fee
36,000 JPY (payment fee = 6% of the entry fee)
Deadline of the entry fee payment: 23:59, Tuesday, December 3, 2019 (JST)
(7) Registration with donation
Eligibility for registration with donation:
Racers who satisfy the race registration eligibility in (4) above and agree to donate 100,000 JPY (including registration fee) which is to be used for the environmental conservation activities of the NPO Fuji Trail Runners Club
Number of racers who can register with donation: 100 racers (first-come-first-served basis) (the total of racers residing in and outside of Japan)
– The donation is not tax deductible at this point.
– No deposit fee or registration fee applies to racers who select the registration with donation.
– Your donation used for the environmental conservation activities of the NPO Fuji Trail Runners Club including the environmental investigation and maintenance of trails around Mt. Fuji.
Check environmental activities conducted in the past (available only in Japanese):
(8) Cancellations, Race Category Changes, Transfers
– Please be aware that there are no entry fee refunds (full or partial) for whatever the reason once you’ve signed up for the race.
– If we receive your bank transfer after the payment deadline, your registration will be automatically cancelled and your payment will be returned to you minus a service charge.
– Your entry (race bib/number) cannot be transferred to another person.