The ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI is an unparalleled event that challenges the human spirit through the outdoor sport of trail running. By connecting mountain trails, local footpaths and forest roads around the foothills of Mt. Fuji, this 100 mile course allows participants to enjoy majestic views of Mt. Fuji while experiencing the stunning natural beauty and culture of this region.
- The ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI is not about winning or competing against others. The objective of this extraordinary 100mile trail journey around the perimeter of Mt. Fuji is to provide a challenge in which you can explore your physical and mental limits and discover new possibilities within yourself.
- RESPECT FOR NATURE
- Japan’s culture has always been deeply interconnected with nature. However, in recent times, people have started to lose sight of this important connection. This race aims to cultivate respect towards the natural environment through the outdoor sport of trail running.
- SHARING THE TRAILS
- These trails have been created over many years by the people who live, work and enjoy the mountains. This race aims to foster a mutual respect and understanding between these different users and help communicate and promote the sharing of these trails.
Connected to the world
The ULTRA-TRAIL Mt. FUJI is an official member of the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and the Ultra-Trail World Tour (UTWT).
Our race aims to promote trail running by strengthening the relationship between trail runners and race organizers from around the world.
- International Trail Running Association (ITRA)
Established in July 2013, the ITRA is an international entity committed to bringing together members of the global trail running community and promoting the sport of trail running. The association’s activities encompass a wide range of objectives including the establishment of common values and ethics, the development of anti-doping policies, the improvement of race quality and safety standards, as well as the development of environmental guidelines. Members include trail running associations from around the world as well as race organizers and individual trail runners.
The UTMF is a committed member of this organization
- ULTRA-TRAIL WORLD TOUR (UTWT)
The UTWT is an international circuit of ultra-distance trail running races that includes some of the best and most prestigious races from around the world. Selection criteria include course length (over 100km), race content that showcases the unique features of that region, race organization quality and successful completion of at least two editions. By participating in these races, racers can earn points which count towards the UTWT overall world ranking.
|1||January, 19th||Vibram® Hong Kong 100||100 km||Hong Kong, China|
|2||February, 6th-10th||Tarawera Ultramarathon||102 km||Rotorua, New Zealand|
|3||February, 20th-24th||Transgrancanaria HG||125 km||Gran Canaria, Spain|
|4||April, 5th-15th||Marathon des Sables||+/- 250 km||Sahara, Morocco|
|5||April, 12th-14th||100 Miles of Istria||100 miles||Umag, Croatia|
|6||April, 12th-13th||Patagonia Run||160 km||San Martin de Los Andes, Argentina|
|7||April, 27th||Madeira Island Ultra-Trail®||115 km||Funchal, Portugal|
|8||April, 26th-28th||Ultra-Trail® Mount Fuji||170 km||Fujisan, Japan|
|9||April 13th||Penyagolosa Trails HG||109 km||Castellon, Spain|
|10||May, 16th-19th||Ultra-Trail Australia||100 km||Katoomba, Australia|
|11||June, 15th||mozart100®||105 km||Salzburg, Austria|
|12||June 28th-30th||The North Face® Lavaredo Ultra Trail||119 km||Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italia|
|13||June, 29th-30th||The Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run||100 miles||California, United States|
|14||July, 19th-21st||Eiger Ultra-Trail®||101 km||Grindelwald, Switzerland|
|15||August, 28th||TDS®||119 km||Courmayeur-Chamonix, Italy – France|
|16||Aug, 30th||CCC®||101 km||Courmayeur-Chamonix, Italy – Switzerland – France|
|17||Aug, 30th||UTMB®||170 km||Chamonix, France – Italy – Switzerland|
|18||September, 6th- 7th-8th||Harricana Ultra-Trail®||125 km||La Malbaie, Canada|
|19||October, 20th||Salomon® Cappadocia Ultra-Trail®||119 km||Urgup, Turkey|
|20||November, 2nd-3rd||Javelina Jundred||100 miles||Arizona, United States|
|21||November, 30th||Ultra-Trail Cape Town®||100 km||Cape Town, South Africa|